Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Week!!

I'm getting the final preparations for going to Italy wrapped up. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have all my clothes packed and the necessary documents copied.

It is not as easy as I thought to get my wardrobe set! I don't consider myself to have an obnoxious amount of clothes, but the challenge to whittle down to a week or two wardrobe is formidable. And the hats. Oh the hats! If anyone remembers, in freshman year, I had 16 or so to choose from. I'm picking my more classy hats for Italy. That leads, of course, to the need of classy clothes. Italy is more fashionable than America, and that is a change I look forward to. Can't wait to see all the gents dressed up nice!

So the status is I have clothes on every piece of furniture in the basement family room spread out and a slowly growing pile of "not taking" clothes.

I can't believe I only have one more week until I leave! Well, less than a week if you are technical... It is still a little befuddling to me. I don't think my mind has fully comprehended the situation yet. I can assure you my body already is anxious, though. I have not eaten well for at least two weeks! That is troublesome. I have not craved for ice cream in two weeks. It is very horrible.

Please check back for I am off soon! Thanks for following!

4 comments:

  1. No worries on the ice cream - perhaps your mind does not realize your body has already transitioned and is craving gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those Italians do know how to dress. I don't think I ever saw any Romans walking around in sweats and a hoodie. Bring your hats! And high heels. he he he. How those women get around on those cobblestone streets in 4 inch spiked heels is beyond me. I am so jealous. I am dying to go back to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. I'm picturing Romans in hoodies and it is very amusing. I don't own many heels, so Italy is going to have to except my Etnies. ;) I will take many pictures for you!!

      Delete