Friday, May 11, 2012

An End

It is kind of weird to be writing now.

Approximately four months ago, I arrived in Florence, Italy, to experience studying abroad. I learned a lot of things about myself and about things in general. My classes have been the most taxing I have ever taken (probably because I took all three at the same time...), but they have also made me feel as though I learned new skills instead of just showing off the ones I already had.

The people I met here I will not be able to see again for a long time, if ever again. Tonight we said "good bye." Or "see you later." Some I wish I had gotten to know better, and I am happy and lucky to have fallen into such great company. Technology will help us to stay in contact, and maybe one day, I will see one or more in their hometowns.

In no way could I have known everything that was going to happen this semester. My bigger regrets are not sending postcards. I promised, and completely failed on that. I figured they would cost more, but two euros for the stamps was more than I thought I could budget. I did buy the postcards, though! Funny things are funny...

I am so happy for the adventures I did manage to get in. Little towns around Florence, Rome, the UK... Truly, I could not have expected more. I did the things I could with the way I am. Sometimes I did not go to places because I did not have the initiative to go myself without the guts to ask someone to go with me. Other times, I plain forgot and got into a lull of schoolwork that overwhelmed my brain and mental sanity.

So I did what I did with what I could as who I am.

And I cannot wait to come home and share my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment