Friday, May 18, 2012

A Week Back

I am not sure when it will hit me that I am back. For now, I am quite content with my position. It was difficult to do do certain communications abroad, so I have settled down with a renewed discipline to get stuff done. My list of to-do's that I have gotten done is quite impressive. Hopefully it will continue and kick into higher gear before I start work in June.

The most obvious thing to me is the fact I am not in a tourist town anymore. No more people walking too slow as I walk to class. In fact, in my times I have driven, I have been the slow one. I forgot that 15 mph over is legit. And the grass. Oh, the grass. My yard is so big! And green. I appreciate it so much after having no greenery besides parks a good walks away. The air is metallic. That is the best way to describe it...

The variety of birds is also something I noticed. Of course, I am well aware of the robins, sparrows and duck family in our neighborhood, but after seeing only pigeons for four months, it is nice to see other birds.

As time goes on, I think I will miss the easy transportation in Italy. The train system that gets me an hour away on eight euro. If we had that here, I could visit my college friends during the summer. Also, the food is different. The eggs are easier to crack over here (in Italy, they are brown and about 3 times as thick as the white ones here) and they taste a little plastic.

I do like being near all my resources for my books and easier access to printer and scanner. Those I realize are luxuries.

I want to ride the feeling of Italy as long as I can so I can use my plethora of resources before I get comfortable and lazy.

I may or may not post here again. Thanks to everyone who kept up and clicked my link! I may update my posts on spring break (those kinda got lost in 'drafts'...). I will update on Facebook when I post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment