Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shrine of St. Teresa Margaret Redi-Photos

Saturday, March 10, 2012

In an attempt to keep a little up-do-date, I am posting the pictures for St. Teresa Redi. I will have a more expressively worded entry about this later. Please enjoy the photos!

This is a the modest chapel of a Carmelite order of cloistered nuns a little off the beaten path.

A grate to the right in this picture is where the sisters
pray and receive communion through.










I could not get the light setting right due to both
natural and bulb lighting. :/






The incorrupt body of St. Teresa Margaret







The sisters offered us a snack afterwards. Don Mario
had to open a cupboard where they push food out with this key.


3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where exactly the church is where St. Teresa's incorrupt body is? How do I get there once I am in Florence? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry for the delay in reply! I had to email the priest who brought me there for the information.

      It is not a church, more a chapel in a convent, and totally off the beaten path. I highly suggest calling first so the sisters can prepare something for you and you'll be able to join them in a service for worship.

      Monastero Carmelitano di Santa Teresa
      Via Bruni, 12
      50139 Firenze
      tel: (+39) 055/496105

      The address does come up in GoogleMaps. You take a bus to close by (From Piazza San Marco), then walk up a hill. The bus system is crazy, and we actually had to get the driver to turn around onto the correct street of his route (it was nice having an Italian priest who wasn't afraid to ask and knew where he needed to go!).

      Sorry I cannot help more! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm planning a trip and would like to know how best to contact the sisters. Do they speak English? Is there an email address?. We will be driving on the way to Bologna. Don't want to visit Florence just stop at the monastery. Is there a place to park around there?

    ReplyDelete